The City of Sydney RSL Sub-branch was established in 1919, and continues to extend much needed support to ex-service members in our local community, and also to current serving members of the Australian Defence Force.
If you are a current or ex-service member of a defence force, and would like to become a member of the City of Sydney RSL Sub-Branch, please enquire today.
- Any person who served in the Australian Defence Force in any theatre of conflict; or any person who served for not less than 6 months in the Regular or Reserve Forces of the Australian Defence Forces, or of any country not an enemy of Australia; or any person who fulfilled their commitment as a National Serviceman.
Meetings are held from 12 noon on the second Tuesday of every month, in the Level 3 Board Room. Light refreshments are included.
- Membership fees for the first 12 month period are paid by the Sub-Branch
- On-going membership fees are paid provided said member participates in activities of the Sub-Branch, including attendance at monthly meetings
- Assistance with applying for and accessing benefits from Defence Care and Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Strengthening of the relationship between serving and ex-serving personnel
- Enhanced ability to engage with serving and ex-serving members and the broader community in commemoration and remembrance ceremonies within the City of Sydney LGA
- Support and advocacy services
- A bi-monthly issue of Reveille (the official magazine of the NSW Branch)
- Generous discounts on accommodation at the Hyde Park Inn (owned and operated by the RSL NSW Branch)
- Fellowship and mateship for members of the League
President: Mr John Ekert
Secretary: Mr Syd Griffith
Treasurer: Mr Syd Griffith
Welfare/Pension Officer: Mr George Fisher
General enquiries: George Fisher (02) 9876 4713 or 0413 967 778
Memberships: Contact Philippa Grasso for a Sub-branch membership form on (02) 9264 firstname.lastname@example.org or download the form below.
Please email the completed form to Philippa at email@example.com, or post to City of Sydney RSL Sub-branch, PO Box 20349, World Square, NSW, 2002.